on customer request I created a video that shows backup and single mail restore for lotus domino with Veeam Backup & Replication.
A Lotus Domino is non VSS aware (anyway this is the case under Linux). So you have only 2 options for consistent backups as IBM do not support VSS Filesystem only backups:
- Shutdown the VM => Service offline or at cluster do this only on one side.
- Close the connections and write the cache to disk
The question is why should I use a non Domino Backup API based backup?
For Veeam the answer is:
- Ultra Fast Serivce Restore with Instant VM Recovery (2min + OS boot)
- Easy to use Single Mail/Document restore
- Automated Restore Tests with SureBackup that test if a VM is Restoreable, OS boot, Network Connection is online and Domino Services are up and running on a daily base.
- And finally a backup on Image Level with Change Block Tracking based Incremental Forever is very efficient even at a Domino Server with high change rate.
Enjoy the video